- Game Type: Card Game
- Availability: Almost all Casinos and Software platforms offer this game.
- More and more of the higher quality Online Casinos now also offer this game as a live game.
Baccarat Game Rules
Baccarat is one of the standard casino games. But for those of you new to the game, we have all the info you need. We’ll let you know how to play and give you all the game rules so that you’ll be able to enjoy playing this great game.
Baccarat is played with a single standard deck of 52 cards. The decks are shuffled after every game. There are three types of bets and the odds are high.
How to Play Baccarat
To play the game:
- Click on a chip of desired value to select it. Then move your cursor to the middle of the screen and click on any of the three areas on the table (player, banker or tie) to place your bet there. Every click on the area adds one chip to the bet. Select another chip if you wish to increase the bet by some other amount. Right clicking on the area removes one chip. You can place several chips into several areas at the same time.
- Click the Deal button.
Cards are now dealt and you will see the game result. Click New Game if you wish to play again. Place your bets as described above and click Deal. You can also click Rebet to place the same bet as in the previous round.
|Deal||Deal out the cards.|
|Rebet||Place the same bet as in the previous round and deal the cards.|
|Skip Turn||Skip your turn when you are playing in multiplayer mode.|
|New Game||Start a new game round.|
|Chat||To chat with other players, click this button, type your message and then click this button again (or press enter).|
|History||See the game history - dates, bets and results of your previous game rounds.|
|Help||Open the help file (which you are reading right now).|
|Options||Open the Options dialog box – see the Options section of this help file.|
|Cashier||This button appears only in Real Money mode. Click it to go to the Cashier. The Cashier enables you to deposit or withdraw money, view your transaction history, etc.|
|Play for Real Money||This button appears only in Fun Mode. Clicking this will take you to the Real Money mode account creation page. If you already have a Real Money mode account, it will take you to the Real Money mode Login screen.|
|Lobby||Press this to exit the game and go back to the lobby. You can’t exit in the middle of a game round.|
The object of baccarat is to obtain a hand with a point total closest to 9. Aces count as one; 2 through 9 as their face value; tens and picture cards count as zero. If the value of the hand is ten points or more, subtract ten, and the remainder is the baccarat point value of the hand. For example: 7+6=13=3 and 4+6=10=0
Place your wager on the banker’s hand and/or on the player’s hand and/or on a tie. The player and the banker are then each dealt a two-card hand. In certain cases, a third card is dealt to the player or the banker or both (Third Card Rules). Cards are dealt from a shoe that holds 6 decks of cards. The decks are shuffled each round.
- The player closest to 9, wins.
- If you bet on the player and the player wins, you are paid 2 for 1 winnings on your bet.
- If you bet on the banker and the banker wins, you are paid 2 for 1 minus 5% bank commission (vigorish).
- If both the player’s hand and the banker’s hand have equal totals, the game result is a ‘tie’. If you have placed a bet on the ‘tie’ field, your payoff is 9 for 1.
Third Card Rules
The following baccarat rule chart governs when the player and/or the banker will automatically be dealt (i.e. “draws”) a third card in the baccarat game:
|Point Value of First Two Cards:|
|0 - 5||Draws a card|
|8, 9||"Natural hand", no further draw|
|Point Value of First Two Cards:||Draws when the player's third card is:||Doesn't draw when teh player's third card is:|
|0 - 2||Always Draws a card|
|3||0 - 9||8|
|4||2 - 7||1, 2, 8, 9|
|5||4, 6, 7||0 - 3, 8, 9|
|6||6, 7||0 - 5, 8, 9|
|8. 9||Player can't draw||Player can't draw|
Important note: If either the player and /or the Banker has a total of 8 or 9, they both stand. This Rule overrides all other rules.
A great way to learn a new game is to play it. Almost all Online Casinos offer you the choice to Play their games for free. You can play for as long as you like and get a great feel for the game. Some you have to visit their free play sites, usually .net.
$500 Bonus and 120 Free Spins
Except UK Residents – View UK Bonus
$1,500 Welcome Bonus – $88 Free, No Deposit Bonus!!
All Slots Casino
$1,600 Bonus! And 100 Spins