- Game Type: Card Game
- Availability: This is a standard game that any Online Casino will have on offer.
- More and more of the higher quality Online Casinos now also offer this game as a live dealer game.
How to Play Blackjack
Blackjack is one of the standard casino games. But for those of you new to the game, we have all the info you need. We’ll let you know how to play Blackjack and give you all the game rules so that you’ll be able to enjoy playing this great game.
Blackjack is the most popular card game at Online Casinos. The game allows you to apply basic strategies that can actually increase your advantage and improve you chances.
Click on chips to increase your bet. Every click on a chip increases your bet. Every right click on a chip on the table removes it from your bet.
Click the Deal button. If the dealer has an ace as his up card, you are offered insurance. If you want to take Insurance, click on the Insurance button. Use the Hit, Stand, Double, Split and buttons as required.
Please note that using Insurance, Double and Split require an additional wager, as described in the rules. You are not able to use these buttons, if you do not have sufficient balance.
Deal Deal out the cards
- Insurance Protect your bet for the case when the dealer may have blackjack (see Rules for more info).
- Double – Doubles the wager and gives you a another card.
- Hit – Request one more card.
- Stand – Draw no more cards and start the dealer’s turn.
- New Game – Start a new game round.
- Rebet – Place the same bet as in the previous round and deal the cards.
- Skip Turn – Skip your turn when you are playing in multiplayer mode.
- Split – Split one hand into two separate hands.
This chart to the right will be very helpful if you are just starting out at playing blackjack. It makes it very easy for you, all you have to do is follow the card. It gives you the best statistical choice to make on all possible card combinations.
The object of Blackjack is for the total of your cards to be closer to 21 than the dealer’s cards, without exceeding 21. In Blackjack, aces count as either 1 or 11, face cards as 10, and number cards as their face value.
If you receive an ace and a ten-value card as your first two cards, you have Blackjack and win one and a half times your bet (if you bet was $10, you receive $25). If the total value of your cards is closer to 21 than the dealer’s, you win as much as you had wagered (if your bet was $10, you receive $20). If the total of your cards is more than 21, you “bust” and lose your bet. If you and the dealer have the same card total (17 and up) neither of you win and your bet is returned to you in a “push”. Blackjack beats a score of 21.
- After each round, used cards are returned to the deck and the deck is shuffled.
- The player may not split a split hand.
- The player may double after splitting.
- The dealer will not check for Blackjack in any case.
- If the player doubles and the dealer’s first card is of value 11 (ACE), and the dealer gets blackjack, the player loses both his bets.
If your first two cards have the same point value, you may split them into two separate hands by placing a second bet equal to the original bet. You then proceed to draw cards. You may draw as many cards as you like on each split hand, but if you split two aces, you receive only one additional card for each ace. If you receive an ace and a ten-value card in a split hand, it is counted as 21 and not Blackjack.
After you are dealt two cards, and think that another card will allow you to beat the dealer’s hand, you can increase your bet by an amount up to your original bet or “double” your bet. Your wager is doubled, and you are allowed to receive one more card.
Insurance is considered to be a game of its own within Blackjack. If the dealer has an Ace as his up card, you’ll be given a chance to buy insurance. When you buy insurance, you’re betting that the dealer has a blackjack. It allows you to try and protect yourself when you think that the dealer may have Blackjack. When buying insurance, you place half of your initial bet by pressing the Insurance button. If the dealer does have Blackjack, you are paid 2 to 1 on your insurance bet. If the dealer doesn’t have Blackjack, you lose your insurance bet.
10 Card Charlie
It is theoretically possible for the player to draw 10 card without going bust. In this case the player’s hand automatically wins, except when the dealer has Blackjack.
|Winning hand||1 to 1|
|Insurance||2 to 1|
|Blackjack||3 to 2|
A great way to learn a new game is to play it. Almost all Online Casinos offer you the choice to Play their games for free. You can play for as long as you like and get a great feel for the game. Some you have to visit their free play sites, usually .net.
$500 Bonus and 120 Free Spins
Except UK Residents – View UK Bonus
$1,500 Welcome Bonus – $88 Free, No Deposit Bonus!!
All Slots Casino
$1,600 Bonus! And 100 Spins