- Game Type: Card Game
- Availability: Available in Playtech Casinos.
How to Play Blackjack Switch
Blackjack Switch is a great game. For those of you new to the game, we have all the info you need. We’ll let you know how to play Blackjack Switch and give you all the game rules so that you’ll be able to enjoy playing this great game.
This game is a modification of Blackjack, so if you are familiar with Blackjack, you will have no trouble mastering this game. There are some important differences from the standard Blackjack however, so make sure you have learned the rules.
- Deal Deal out the cards
- Select a chip by clicking on it. Now click on a bet area to increase your bet by the chip amount. Every click on the bet area increases your bet, every right-click decreases your bet.
- There are two kinds of bet areas – normal and ‘Super Match’ bet. Normal bet area is any of the two larger areas, ‘Super Match’ bet area is the small area. Remember that by clicking on the normal bet area, you actually place two identical bets – one for each of your hands.
- After you have placed your bets, click the Deal button.
- Use the Hit, Stand, Double, Split, Insurance and Switch buttons as required.
- Please note that if you want to Switch, you need to do so before starting to play your first hand. After using Hit, Split, Double or Insurance buttons, you cannot Switch. Also please note that Insurance, Double and Split buttons require an additional wager, as described in the rules. You are not able to use these buttons, if you do not have sufficient balance.
- If you want to play another round, press New Game. Then place a bet as described above and click the Deal button, or click Rebet to place the same bet as in the previous round.
This is an optional bet, you do not need to place a super bet to play the game. To place a super bet, place the chip(s) in the small circle between the normal bet areas. Super bet wins if your 4 initial cards contain 2 or more cards of the same kind (pair of Jacks, three Aces etc.) The win ratios are written on the table.
- Deal – Deal out the cards.
- Insurance – Protect your bet for the case when the dealer may have blackjack (see Rules for more info).
- Double – Double the wager and gives you a third card.
- Hit – Request one more card.
- Switch – Switch the two top cards of your two hands.
- Stand – Draw no more cards and start the dealer’s turn. New Game Start a new game round.
- Rebet – Place the same bet as in the previous round and deal the cards.
- Skip Turn – Skip your turn when you are playing in multiplayer mode.
- Split – Split one hand into two separate hands.
- History – See the game history – dates, bets and results of your previous game rounds.
- Help – Open the help file (which you are reading right now).
- Options – Open the Options dialog box – see the Options section of this help file.
- Cashier – This button appears only in Real Money mode. Click it to go to the Cashier. The Cashier enables you to deposit or withdraw money, view your transaction history, etc.
- Play For Real Money – This button appears only in Fun Mode. Clicking this will take you to the Real Money mode account creation page. If you already have a Real Money mode account, it will take you to the Real Money mode Login screen.
- Lobby – Press this to exit the game and go back to the lobby. You can’t exit in the middle of a game round.
Blackjack Switch Rules
The object of Blackjack Switch is for the total of your cards in either hand to be closer to 21 than the dealer’ s cards, without exceeding 21. Card values are the same as in standard Blackjack – aces count as either 1 or 11, face cards as 10, and number cards as their face value.
The rules are the same as in standard Blackjack. Except you have two hands, which you play in turn – first the right and then the left one, then the dealer plays his hand. You may split, double, take insurance etc. just like in standard Blackjack. An exception from the standard Blackjack is that the dealer always hits soft 17 – meaning he always draws one more card when he has 17 with an ace counted as 11. Also, ‘Blackjacks’ pay 1/1 instead of 3/2 although more ‘Blackjacks’ are created due to the ‘switching’ option. (See below). Another exception is that Blackjack rule no. 5 (“If the player doubles and the dealer’s first card is of value 10, and the dealer gets blackjack, the player loses only the initial bet.”) does not apply in Blackjack Switch.
Prior to any hits, you may switch the top cards of your two hands.
Dealer will “push” on a total of 22 (except ‘Blackjacks’ will still win). This means that whenever the dealer’s total reaches 22 then all bets are ‘pushed’, regardless of their total except if a player has a ‘Blackjack’, which will still win.
The small circle between the standard bet areas is the super bet area. The super bet wins if your initial 4 cards contain 2 or more matching cards. For example, if your right hand is a Queen and a Six, and your left hand a Queen and a King, you have a pair and your super bet wins. The win ratios are written on the table.
Summary Of Rules
- Dealer Hits Soft 17
- ‘Blackjacks’ pay 1/1
- Switch top cards of the two hands
- All doubles and splitting allowed
- Dealer pushes on 22 (except Blackjacks will still win)
A great way to learn a new game is to play it. Almost all Online Casinos offer you the choice to Play their games for free. You can play for as long as you like and get a great feel for the game. Some you have to visit their free play sites, usually .net.
$500 Bonus and 120 Free Spins
Except UK Residents – View UK Bonus
$1,500 Welcome Bonus – $88 Free, No Deposit Bonus!!
All Slots Casino
$1,600 Bonus! And 100 Spins